With the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in India again, various states across the country are imposing new travel restrictions and night curfews.
While some states have announced travel restrictions for people entering from other states, there are some states imposing night curfews to stop the spread of virus. ... more...
Travelling on your mind? Book with ixigo:
1. Maharashtra: The Maharashtra government has made it mandatory for people entering Maharashtra to carry a report of COVID-19 RT-PCR test. The test must have been conducted 72 hours before reaching the state. This condition is applicable for travellers reaching Maharashtra from Delhi-NCR, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa.
2. Himachal Pradesh: The Himachal Pradesh state government has announced night curfew in Mandi, Kangra, Shimla and Kullu. The night curfew will remain in effect from 8 PM to 6 AM at least till 15 December, 2020. Also, the fine for not wearing masks in public places has been increased to Rs 1,000.
See the tweet here —
#Himachal Pradesh Cabinet Decisions:Educational Institute remain closed till 31st Dec.Night Curfew in 4 Distt #Shimla, #Mandi,#Kullu & #Kangra 8 pm to 6 am.No one is allowed to go without a mask in public places; the violator will be fined 1000₹@DDNewslive @DDIndialive
— DD News Himachal (@DDNewsShimla) November 23, 2020
3. Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh has implemented night curfew in five districts, including Indore, Bhopal, and Gwalior. The curfew will remain in effect from 10 PM to 6 PM.
See the tweet here —
Madhya Pradesh to impose night curfew in Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Ratlam and Vidisha from 10 pm to 6 am due to increasing #Coronavirus cases.
Govt has made it clear that complete lockdown will not be imposed in the state.
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) November 21, 2020
4. Gujarat: The Gujarat state government has implemented night curfew in Rajkot, Vadodara, Surat, and Ahmedabad between 9 PM to 6 AM. This restriction will continue till 7 December, 2020, but could be extended, depending upon the rate of new COVID-19 cases.
#Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announces that only night curfew will remain in force in four major cities (Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara and Rajkot) of the state from today.
He appeals to the people to strictly follow the compulsory mask and social distancing norms. pic.twitter.com/QFkWdICwlz
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) November 23, 2020
5. Rajasthan: The Rajasthan government has taken the night curfew route. It has imposed a night curfew in eight districts — Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar and Bhilwara — from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am the next morning.
@RajGovOfficial has imposed Section 144 in #Rajasthan. Night curfew has been imposed in 8 districts including #Jaipur. Night tourism and all activities after 8 pm are prohibited till December 20th.
We hope everyone adheres to the guidelines to #StaySafe & #StayWell.
— Rajasthan Tourism (@my_rajasthan) November 24, 2020
We request our readers to plan their travel accordingly and stick to the COVID-19 restrictions issued by the state governments.