New Delhi, October 13: Indian Railways have completed the task of equipping 200 stations with free Wi-Fi service across the country. A recent tweet by the Ministry of Railways confirms the same. It says, “Free RailWire – Google super high-speed Wi-Fi service now available at 200 railway stations across India #DigitalIndiaDigitalRail”. The free Wi-Fi facility has found more takers in smaller cities as it gives the poor connectivity of high-speed broadband. As per Indian Railways, over 10 million people who pass through these railway stations every day now have an access to fast Internet which lets them stream, research and download.
Google Wi-Fi service now available at 200 railway stations across India
RailTel has taken a lead in providing fast Wi-Fi for the use of passengers
Google’s free WiFi for over 400 Indian Railways stations is one of the biggest projects that will give a major push to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Digital India’ initiative. As per Google, over five million people in the country are latching onto its free Internet service every month (about 1.7 lakh people every day). Of this, 15,000 people are accessing the Internet for the first time in their lives every day, the company said. That’s a whole lot of users.
Mumbai Central, a railway station in Mumbai became the first railway station in the country in January 2016 to offer free Wi-Fi facility. Railways then continued with connecting all busy stations like Bhubaneswar, Bangalore, Howrah, Kanpur, Mathura, Aligarh, Barelli and Varanasi stations with the free internet service at rail premises. The Indian Railways continued connecting other busy stations such with the free Internet service. With Larsen and Toubro, RailTel and Pune Smart City, Google brings high-speed public Wi-Fi to Pune as part of the Smart City Project.
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Ministry of Railways ✔@RailMinIndia
Free RailWire - Google super high speed Wi-Fi service now available at 200 railway stations across India #DigitalIndiaDigitalRail
8:08 AM - Oct 13, 2017
54 54 Replies 96 96 Retweets 383 383 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Statewise Status of Station Wi-Fi:
State/UT UT Commissioned Stations Coming Soon
1. Andhra Pradesh Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Guntur,Palasa, Rajahmundry, Kakinada Town, Nellore, Srikakulam Road, Bhimavaram Town, Samalkot Jn., Eluru, SatyaSai Prashanti Nilayam & Vizianagaram Anakapalle, Cuddapah, Guntakal Jn., Renigunta,Tenali Jn., Tuni
2. Assam Guwahati, Lumding Barpeta Road, Jorhat Town, Kamakhya, New Bongaigaon, Rangiya Jn., Silchar, Tinsukia
3. Bihar Patna, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Danapur, Mokama, Darbhanga, Chhapra & Bhagalpur Anugraha Narayan Road, Bapudham Motihari, Barauni Jn., Betiah, Dehri-On-Sone, Jamui, Katihar Jn, Khagaria Jn., Kiul Jn., Madhubani, Patna Sahib Jn., Samastipur Jn., Siwan Jn.,
4. Chandigarh Chandigarh –
5. Chhattisgarh Raipur, Bilaspur & Durg Bhilai Power House, Champa Jn., Raigarh, Rajnandgaon
6. Gujarat Surat, Ahmedabad, Viramgam, Gandhidham, Vadodara & Rajkot Jamnagar, Mahesana, Palanpur
7. Haryana Ambala Cantt., Karnal, Rohtak, Panipat,Gurugram, Hisar, Jagadhri, Kalka, Rewari, Sonipat
8. Himachal Pradesh Solan, Shimla –
9. Jammu and Kashmir Jammu Tawi –
10. Jharkhand Ranchi, Dhanbad Jn., Jasidih Jn. & Tatanagar Gomoh Jn., Koderma, Parashnath
11. Karnataka Bangalore City, Bangarpet, Mangalore Central, Hubli, Gulbarga, Mysore & Yesvantpur (Bangalore) Bangalore Cantt.,Belgaum, Davangere, Dharwad, Kengeri, Krishnarajapuram, Mangalore Jn., Shimoga Town
12. Kerala Ernakulam Jn, Thiruvananthapuram Central, Thrissur, Kollam Jn & Kozhikode Ernakulam Town, Kanhangad, Kannur, Kottayam, Palakkad Jn., Shoranur Jn., Tiruvalla, Vadakara
13. Madhya Pradesh Ujjain, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Singrauli, Itarsi, Gwalior & Indore Bina, Damoh, Habibganj, Hoshangabad, Katni, Maihar, Pipariya, Ratlam, Rewa, Satna, Saugor, Vidisha
14. Maharashtra Mumbai Central, Churchgate, Bandra, Bandra Terminus, Dadar (WR), Dadar (CR), Khar Road, Kalyan, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Byculla, Panvel, Thane, Borivali, Kurla, Andheri, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Belapur, Vashi, Dombivli, Chembur, , Vasai, Virar, Bhyander, Ghatkopar, Daund, Sainagar Sirdi, Pune, Mulund, Kurduwadi, Nagpur, Kopargaon, Badnera, Solapur, Akola & Aurangabad Badlapur, Ballarshah, Bhusawal, Gondia, Jalgaon, Lonavala, Manmad, Miraj, Nasik Road, Vadala Road, Wardha
15. Nagaland Dimapur –
16. Delhi Hazarat Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar Terminus, Delhi Cantt., Delhi Shahadra, New Delhi & Delhi Jn Delhi Sarai Rohilla
17. Odisha Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Berhampur, Khurda Road, Rourkela, Rayagada, Jajpur-Keonjhar Road,Jharsuguda, Balasore, Bhadrak & Puri –
18. Punjab Jalandhar City, Amritsar & Ludhiana Bathinda Jn., Beas, Firozpur Cantt., Pathankot, Sirhind Jn.
19. Rajasthan Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur City, Falna, Kota, Abu road, Marwar Jn. & Jodhpur Alwar, Bharatpur, Bikaner,Hanumangarh Jn., Rani, Jaisalmer,, Pali Marwar, Phulera, Sawai Madhopur
20. Tamil Nadu Madurai, Coimbatore, Chennai Egmore, Tambaram, Arakkonam Jn., Tiruchchirappalli, Chennai Central, Udagamandalam (Ooty), Chengalpattu Jn., Coonoor, Rameswaram, Villupuram Jn., Jolarpettai Jn, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur Jn, Katpadi & Mettupalayam Dindigul Jn, Erode Jn,, Kanniyakumari, Karur Jn.,Kovilpatti, Salem Jn, Virudhunagar Jn
21. Telangana Kacheguda, Khammam, Secunderabad, Hyderabad & Warangal Kazipet Jn.,Manchiryal, Ssp Nilayam
22. Uttar Pradesh Jhansi, Lucknow, Lucknow Jn., Ayodhya, Mughalsarai Jn., Gorakhpur, Allahabad, Aligarh, Gonda Jn., Bareilly, Kanpur, Mathura, Varanasi, Agra Cantt., Ghazipur City, Bhadohi, Muzaffarnagar, Pratapgarh, Etawah, Saharanpur Jn., Moradabad, Mirzapur, Tundla, Janghai, Meerut City,Phaphund, Ghaziabad, Barabanki Azamgarh, Ballia, Basti, Belthara Road, Chitrakutdham Karwi, Deoria Sadar, Fatehpur, Hapur, Jaunpur, Mau Jn., Rae – Bareli Jn., Rampur, Shahjahanpur
23. Uttarakhand / Uttranchal Dehradun, Haridwar Kathgodam, Roorkee
24. West Bengal Sealdah, Kharagpur, Asansol, Barddhaman, Digha, Rampurhat, New Jalpaiguri, Malda Town, Howrah, Durgapur, Darjeeling, Siliguri Jn, Naihati Jn., New Farakka & Ghoom Alipurduar Junction, Kolkata Terminal, Shalimar
RailTel has taken a lead in providing fast Wi-Fi for the use of passengers. It roped in Google as the technology partner for setting up fast Wi-Fi network initially covering 400 stations for providing fast Wi-Fi to millions of passengers every day. Wi-Fi services to passengers are being provided under ‘Railwire’, the retail Broadband distribution model of RailTel. Railwire Wi-Fi will be available to any user who has a working mobile connection on a smartphone. RailTel provides high-speed end to end network connectivity on Fiber, Google shall be providing the Radio Access Network along with Technology support.